My Favorite Green Juice Recipe and Why You Should Drink It
“If man made it, don’t eat it!”
~Jack LaLanne, fitness guru and avid juicer
It’s Earth Day and I’m feeling green, so I thought I’d share my favorite recipe for green juice.
Why green juice?
- It provides more veggie goodness than you could possibly eat
- It fills your body with living enzymes, vitamins, oxygen and phytonutrients
- It boosts your immune system
- It increases your body’s ability to fight infection and heal chronic disease
- It helps your body to detoxify
- It helps your body repair damage
- It aids in establishing a healthy level of alkalinity in your body which may help prevent cancer, fatigue, obesity, allergies and weak bones
- It tastes great!
My favorite green juice recipe:
- One green apple
- Half a cucumber
- ¼ inch thick slice of ginger
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 large leafs of kale
- 1 cup of spinach
When available, include wheatgrass in your green juice for added nutritional value.
Wash and cut all ingredients, then run them through your juicer. Voila! You’re done. Drink and enjoy.
You can also freeze the leftover veggie pulp and use it at a later date to make a great tasting soup stock.
My wife and I use an Omega Juicer at home and are very pleased with it. If you don’t have a juicer, visit your local juice bar. They will most likely have a green juice on the menu. If not, ask for one.